openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] The latest canges.

From: Marc Heerdink
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] The latest canges.
Date: 10 Aug 2003 00:57:51 +0200

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 00:05, Stanislav Kogan wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Well, I tested the latest version, and observed the following:
>
> - stereo swaps appear to have left for good. I experienced to swaps or
> clicks in mplayer, and once some clicks in xmms, but the system was very
> heavily loaded at the time.

No more stereo swaps here either (I didn't really suffer from these
anyway, just one or two once in a while).

> - four speaker output works, but it appears that mixer settings have
> no effect on the rear channel. For example, it's volume control doesn't
> work (both PCM and master).

Haven't tested this yet..

> - The "fast play" bug still manifests itself sometimes. For example,
> when using mplayer and xmms at the same time, mplayer would sometimes
> play faster. The precise behaviour is alittle inconsistent - I will
> analyze it some more and send the results later.

Haven't experienced this so far..

Also, the new driver feels "snappier", for example when stopping
playback with mpg123 the program immediately returns, this used to take
a few ticks..

Something else that I've noticed: the old driver often had problems
randomly disappeared on each driver load, I had to insmod a few times to
get one with no output which meant all my settings were restored
correctly. This bug appears to be gone as well..

Thanks for the great effort,

Marc

--
         (__)