pan-devel

RE: [Pan-devel] daily tarballs?

From: bas.mevissen
Subject: RE: [Pan-devel] daily tarballs?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:00:08 +0100

Hi,

It is possible to install packages like gnome-common (that's the package that
contains the gnome-autogen stuff) as a user. But I guess that also the GTK2 and
XML requirements for Pan are not met on the box you are using. So providing you
a source tree with a working configure script won't help you then.

What you can do is ask the system admin (root) of that box if he or she is
willing to install the right packages. If not, then please provide me with
details about the machine (Linux distribution used, is it an Intel or something
else) and please check if you can use several megabytes of disk space and lots
of processing time to build quite some code. Then I'll try to help you further.

Again, it is possible to build and use everything(*) as a user, but you need to
do some special things (mainly environment settings and specifying a prefix
when configuring the libraries).

Regards,

Bas.

(*) You might need newer versions of autoconf, automake, gnome-common, libxml,
glib, atk, pango, gtk, gnet, pgkconfig, Xft and a few other things for aliased
fonts.