pan-devel

RE: [Pan-devel] daily tarballs?

From: Haran Shivanan
Subject: RE: [Pan-devel] daily tarballs?
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 12:12:07 +0530 (IST)

Module 'address@hidden' core dumped on Fri, 3 Jan 2003 with the...
> Hi,
> It is possible to install packages like gnome-common (that's the package that
> contains the gnome-autogen stuff)
> as a user. But I guess that also the GTK2 and XML requirements for Pan
>are not met

I think the requirements are met because I can compile the source code
for 0.13.3? (latest stable release) using "configure && make".
I can modify it and build the main executable and all so I think all the
libraries are there.
Its just that, when doing a diff, I realized there was some changes the
CVS version had (such as Win32 directory compatibility) which was not
present in the source code to the stable release, so I figured, I'd better
try to work with the CVS version.
I probably can (and will) ask the sys admin to install the stuff. They've
just got the new system up and running, so I figured I'd wait a little
while before making any install requests.
Meanwhile, I'll try and get gnome-common running as a user.
Disk space probably won't be a problem. I'm right now doing my builds from
/tmp/ but I can probably request more disk space, if I needed it.
Problem with gnome-autogen.sh is that it seems to require macros installed
in /usr/... which I can't do as a user. Is there any easy way to change
this?

Thanks for the help.

Haran
--