pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Re: Couple of feature requests

From: Pekka Tiittanen
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Re: Couple of feature requests
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:52:07 +0300

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 15:59 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> That said, with .100, you can set server priority levels.  The server
> prefs only have primary/secondary, but by editing the config file you can
> add as many levels as desired (I think, that's what was discussed,
> anyway).  It won't try any of the secondary servers for a post unless none
> of the primaries have it.  Similarly with additional priority levels if
> you set them up -- it won't go on to the next unless everything at a
> specified level doesn't have the post.

How does this exactly solve the problem that I want to download all
binaries from my leafnode and not from my ISP:s server? I have one group
on my leafnode and I occasionally, about once a month, want to download
all the binaries it has collected. When I do this I want to download
them only from my leafnode, not from my ISP. And no, I don't see
removing/disabling one server once a month very convenient.

Can I edit prefs to make a server primary/secondary/whatever for one
group or group of groups? :P So that group a is handled from server 1,
group b from server 2?

--
I should have been a country-western singer. After all, I'm older than
most western countries. -- George Burns

-Pekka-