pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] My list of present problems with Pan.

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] My list of present problems with Pan.
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:11:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:13:48 +0000, SciFi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I should probably post the concerns I'm still having with Pan.

{major snippage}

Let me add 2...

- User configurable quote characters.  I know that most people use the >
to indicate the quoted portion of an article, but not everyone does.  One
group I frequent has a post who uses the = instead.  It messes up how pan
deals with quoted portions of an article.

- (this one's easy to explain, but I haven't figured out the "trigger")
Frequently, when I finish reading one group, and move to the next, the
first unread article is opened but, in the header pane, the appropriate
header isn't highlighted (well maybe it is) because it's off screen.  ISTM
that the appropriate header for the article that's open should *always* be
in the header pane (and highlighted) unless I've mucked with the header
pane after it's been displayed.

My $0.02
bRUCE