pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:44:40 -0700

On Tue 05 Aug 2003 11:10, Lenroc posted as excerpted below:
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:53:03 -0700, Charles Kerr said:
> > So get in your bug reports now... :)
>
> When I'm trying to insert a new reply in between two snips of quoted text,
> I sometimes have problems with Pan overwriting the whitespace (newlines)
> that I just added to make room for my snip.
>
> The general procedure is kinda like this:
>
> Compose a new followup.
> Find a place where you want to insert some reply.
> Make room for your reply by adding 3 newlines.
> Select the middle blank line, and type your response. If your response
> runs longer than one line, Pan will 'sometimes' delete the next newline
> character that you inserted previously. If the text you are inserting goes
> longer than 2 lines, you will end up with the quoted text being on the
> same line as the text you are inserting (all of the newline characters
> will be overwritten).
>
> I have not been able to reproduce this at will, although it seems to
> happen when I am not thinking about it. When I try specifically to make it
> happen, I have about a 50/50 chance.
>
> It seems like it might matter whether you use the mouse or the keyboard to
> position the cursor when you are inserting the newlines, but I can't
> confirm this.

I can confirm the general bug.  That's the second thing I noticed about the
new wrapping code...  =:^(

I've started putting in a whole bunch of newlines, so when it wraps and fails
to add a newline, it just eats up an extra one I've added.  Then, when
finished, I go back and delete the extras..

Of course, that doesn't fix the rout problem. =:^(

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin