pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94

From: Dave Hill
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:49:07 +0100

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 02:37:32 -0600
"Bobby D. Bryant" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2003.08.04 18:53, Charles Kerr wrote:
>
> >   | #118930          | Ensure that changed articles' scores are
> > propagated up  |
> >   | Dave Hill        | to their parents in the header pane so that
> > collapsed   |
> >   |                  | threads' scores are correct.
>
> IMO this was not a felicitous change.  If a kook starts a thread I
> could formerly see that fact right away from the score of the
> top-level post when the thread was collapsed, and take it into
> consideration when deciding whether to open the thread.  Now it looks
> like any other thread and I don't notice that I've stepped into dog
> pooh until I click to expand it.

I aubmitted the bug because a positive score in a child article wasn't
reflected in the top-level collapsed score. This was a bug because it
used to work. Now, the problem is that a negative (dog pooh) poster's
score is overriden by the responses to it, which have "Zero" score. I
suggested that Zero should be taken as a no-op and be overridden by
either + or - (but what happens if you have both + and - scores?).

Dave

--
Dave Hill, Kempston, Bedford UK           minnie.demon.co.uk <-> dave