pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Disorganised Articles

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Disorganised Articles
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:01:55 -0700

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 06:24:55PM +0100, Vigil wrote:

>>> I don't know if it is me, Individual.net, or what, but since 0.14.0.95 (best
>>> guess), a lot of (but not all) articles aren't appearing in one thread where
>>> they should be...
>>
>> Try going to the "Filter" menu and making sure that "Show Matching Articles'
>> Threads" is selected (instead of "Show Matching Articles' Subthreads" or
>> "Show
>> Matching Articles).
>
> Aha, that was it. Is there a way to set these for all newsgroups in one go? If
> not, I suggest, etc :)

"Show Matching Articles" is a better default than "Show Matching Threads"
because under the former, filters work the way a new user would expect.

When you get into other "Show Matching ..." settings, articles will show
up even when some users will think they should be hidden.  I've tried to
be very consistent with the "Match Only..." and "Show Matching..."
commands to make it easy to understand, but IMO "Show Matching Articles"
is still the safest default.