pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Serious Pan problems on XP

From: Thomas Gamble
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Serious Pan problems on XP
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:06:59 -0700

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 05:11 am, Edith Gross wrote:
> Before a new release is finished, I should like to report once again some
> serious bugs:
>
> 1) Processor consumption; often, Pan consumes 99% of the processor power
> (and I have a 3.0 GHz machine with 2.0 GB memory, which should be enough)
> 2) Filtering in the message headers window does not work;

It would be best to go here: http://pan.rebelbase.com/bugs/ to see how to fill
out a bug report to ensure it does not get overlooked.

> If these problems are inherited from Gtk+, maybe Mr K. should report these
> bugs, please.
>
> 3) The third point is a minor difficulty: Can display the headers in a news
> group without downloading the new headers?

Edit->Preferences->Behavior - uncheck 'Dowload new headers when loading a
group' under the 'AutomaticDownloads' section.

> EG

Thomas K. Gamble
address@hidden
Registered Linux User #270415
And do not be conformed to this world, but
be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that you may prove what is that good and
acceptable and perfect will of God.
(Romans 12:2)

 07:55:29 up 2 days,  9:27,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.06, 0.07