pan-users

[Pan-users] Wish: "back" button

From: Toby A Inkster
Subject: [Pan-users] Wish: "back" button
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:57:48 +0000

I tend to read though newsgroups mainly using the "n" and "space" buttons.
I keep the posts organised by thread and sorted by date.

If I want to go back to the article I had just read, there is no easy way.
I'd have to try to remember the subject line and author, then go back
checking through potentially several of the author's posts to a thread.

It would be nice if all the keystrokes to move on to another article (e.g.
"n", "N", "t", "g", etc) and their corresponding toolbar buttons and menu
items would first push the current article onto a stack and we could have
a "back" button to pop each off the stack and visit them (possibly this
would also push the article onto another stack for a "forward" button) in
the manner of a web browser's "back" button.

As far as I'm concerned this would be a *huge* usability enhancement. Do
others agree? If so, I'll file an enhancement bug.

I know patches are always welcome, but my C is not as good as I'd like it
to be.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS