pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Posting failed

From: Rich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Posting failed
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 13:01:55 -0400

> I updated the server name in pan and gave it shot.  Bingo!
> All the mail post in send later went out fine - no errors! :)

Update, I think I am on the trail now.  Its not pan at all.
The reason the mail worked, I misspelled the new server, so it dropped
to my mail server and it worked, but this broke the connection to the
newsite.

So I renamed it the correct name - its connects fine now.
I tested some postings, they failed again.
Then I tried posting to non alt* groups, pan worked fine!

Oh, found a bug - if there are postings that were denied and waiting in
sendlater, when the new posting to zippo.test worked, it removed any
mail that was waiting due to the permission problem.  I check the
directory, the mail file was still intact. So it was just removed from
the list in the gui.

No now I am sending an email to my provider to see why they are blocking
alt*.  Anything else works fine.

Hopefully, will get it resolved soon. :)

Thanks
Regards,
Rich