pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] tasks.nzb file would not load

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] tasks.nzb file would not load
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:18:45 -0500

Rich wrote:

I renamed the tasks.nzb file and pan started up fine (all tasks were
removed).

Do you need anything from the file to see why it failed?

Yeah, if you could mail me the nzb file that caused it to crash, that should be enough for me to fix it.

I like the overall speed enhancements and some new changes.

Thanks!

I was just wondering if this was normal for the current beta:
        - no preferences menu

That is normal. It's part of a cruel-to-users plot to find out which preferences are actually used and which can be thrown away.

        - no posting icons on toolbar

That was an oversight that I'll fix.

        - how to edit posting profile

It's in the Post window's menu

        - how to disable single click retrieves new headers
>      and single click views article.
>      I rather double click and right clicking.

Currently, use 0.91 and edit ~/.pan2/preferences.xml.
This will be in the preferences dialog when it comes back.

Feature Request:
   Category grouping for the group window
when you subscribe to a group, have the option to add to a category to help organize all the group names
          then add an option to download from a subscribed group.
          helps eliminate multi selecting certain groups everytime
example: Sports -> you can group all the alt.rec Perl -> all the perl related can reside there Music -> can have all the music related groups

I'm not even going to think about that until all the current bugs, prefs, etc. in 0.9x are sorted out. :)

cheers,
Charles