pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How to Get >4 Connections Per Server (Was: Too many conn

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How to Get >4 Connections Per Server (Was: Too many connections error)
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:26:43 -0700

Charles Kerr posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:41:39 -0500:

>>> It is, you just need to apply a small patch before compiling!
>
>> Back in March when Charles first announced the 0.90 features he
>> indicated that this setting would now be in a user-modifiable text file,
>> so I think this discussion is obsolete.
>
> Just so. Editing the lines that read
>
>     <connection-limit>4</connection-limit>
>
> in ~/.pan2/servers.xml will do the trick.

=8^)

Reasonable compromise.  Have PAN only be able to set it to 4 in the GUI,
but let those that want to edit the text file to set it higher.

Have the GUI then adjust to allow the higher number if it's already set,
so changing another setting doesn't reset the number to the default 4,
also. This was a frustration I ran into way back when PAN's cache was
limited to a GB -- I could set it higher in the config and it would work,
but as soon as I changed an unrelated setting in the GUI, it would reset
to the max of a gig for the cache size as well, tho I hadn't touched that
entry.