pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.94 "Ready! Fire! Aim!"

From: Chris Maaskant
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.94 "Ready! Fire! Aim!"
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:01:26 +0200

Op zo, 23-04-2006 te 09:49 -0500, schreef Charles Kerr:
> It's time for your weekly Pan release.  You know the drill -- lots of
> bug fixes, a few tweaks, and a few new features.  Most everything this
> week came directly from suggestions here on pan-users, so keep up the
> good work! :)

I'm running pan 0.14 right now on SUSE 10.0 and there are a few things
that i mis from the stable version of pan.

The first thing i mis is that i cannot select wich news server i want to
acces, pan seems to connect to both of them at the same time.
This maybe a feature but i see it as a problem because one server is the
sever from my isp and the seccond is a paid server with a download
limit.

I want to use the paid server only for articles i cannot find on my
isp's server.

The seccond thing is mis is that i can not select what headers i want to
see in the body pane, it's either all or just the default headers.

Also watching a thread doesn's seem to work, but i believe that i saw an
error message during make about that?

And there is also some anoying thing, when i maximize the window of pan
and close pan, then when i start pan again the window is just a little
off center to the right untill i click on the maximize button again.
This happen on a default SUSE 10.0 system with gnome.

Well it seems that all i've got are complains but that's not true, i
realy like the way pan looks now and the features that have been added.
It has taken some time before we could enjoy a new pan but it seems to
be worth the wait.

Great work guys/girls.

Chris Maaskant.