pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] A few 0.9x items

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] A few 0.9x items
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:45:05 -0500 (CDT)

> Not complaining, just trying to help.  I realize it's a beta.  :)

No problems.  The feedback here has been very helpful!

> Go to a different group.  No need to read anything, just load the headers.
> Notice a different result? Click again to descend sort, again a
> different result?

You can fix this by uncommenting lines 501-513 in header-pane.cc.
They're commented out right now until I can figure out how to make
them faster.

> Can the posting profiles be somewhere in the main menus, not just in
> the post window?

OK.

> I also agree with Chris Maaskant. I liked the ability to select one
> server and load a certain set of groups, and select a different server
> for a different group set.  The multiserver features are great too,
> but I still like the old way for some uses.

My plan for 0.95 was to put in support for `primary' and `backup'
news servers so that you can hit the free news servers first,
then fall back to the nonfree ones that charge by the bandwidth.
Will that do?

If you really do want to say "get groups A, B, and C from this server,
then (1) I'm kind of curious what problem that solves, and (2) you could
edit the first server's $HOME/.pan2/newsrc file to remove A, B, and C,
and edit the second server's to remove D, E, and F.

cheers,
Charles