pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.94 "Ready! Fire! Aim!"

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.94 "Ready! Fire! Aim!"
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:39:18 -0500 (CDT)

> "Charles Kerr" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>It's time for your weekly Pan release.  You know the drill -- lots of
>>bug fixes, a few tweaks, and a few new features.  Most everything this
>>week came directly from suggestions here on pan-users, so keep up the
>>good work! :)

> socket.cc: In member function `double pan::Socket::get_speed_KiBps()
> const': socket.cc:53: error: no matching function for call to
> `max(long int, int)'
>
> This would seem to be an issue with the C++ headers/libraries, I don't
> know if they're actually "faulty", but anyway I guess the obvious fix
> below should work also on systems that have a function that takes long
> args.

-  const int diff_secs (std::max (1l, now-_time_started));
+  const int diff_secs (std::max ((time_t)1, now-_time_started));

Smells like a more correct fix to me -- does it pass muster on BSD?

> Another thing which is also rather minor, though I find it annoying, is
> that (at least compared to 0.14.2.91 that I was running before) the
> lines in the group and header panes have a lot of empty space in between
> them, which seriously limits the number of lines that fit in a window
> (the body pane doesn't have this problem).

Grumble, all right, since three people have asked for this now,
I'll scrunch our the empty space for 0.95.  The trick is to set
the "ypad" attribute to zero in the pane's cell renderers.

cheers,
Charles