pan-users

[Pan-users] 0.94 feedback

From: Ken Geis
Subject: [Pan-users] 0.94 feedback
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:53:26 -0700

Hi. I'm really glad to see the 0.9x series released! Since they are called beta (perhaps implying feature-completeness,) I'd like to mention some features I'm missing from Pan 0.14 as well as problems I'm having.

I've had one crash when downloading headers, and one hang when filtering articles. I'll report more on those if I find some consistency.

I miss the ability to view article counts for groups. Also, I miss being able to select multiple groups in the group pane in order to perform an action on them (like subscribe or refresh article count.) And missing important displays of information like the counts in the progress bar and article counts when in the headers pane (I'm using the tabbed layout.)

I set the "Save attachments to path" to my download directory, but whenever I "Save Attachments..." it asks me where I want to save them.

In the tabbed layout, I would prefer that the tab names change. At least you could take the word "Pane" out so that it reads "1. Groups", "2. Headers", "3. Body".

Cheers,

Ken Geis