pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Patches for 0.95

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Patches for 0.95
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:16:38 -0500 (CDT)

> On Sunday 30 April 2006 22:06, Charles Kerr wrote:
>> So anyway, if you're trying to crash Pan, I appreciate your testing.
>> Please apply the patch, try again, and we'll continue the dance. :)
>
> Why does this remind me of a soft of mating ritual? :P
>
> And, btw, Charles... you forgot the patch :p

Yeah.  Things have been very hectic at the Kerr household today.

Anyway, as I say this patch should do three things:

(1) It fixes the `can't go to next unread message' bug.

(2) Should be slightly faster than even this morning's release.

(3) _May_ fix the crash-on-group-filtering -- or at least smoke it
    out faster, as it's got more assertions and pointer salting, etc.
    Unfortunately filtering in the panes works fine for me,
    even Valgrind is uncharacteristically happy with the new code,
    so I wonder if there's some other factor at work, like a different
    version of gtk.  (I'm using 2.8.17)

So anyway, attached is the patch.  Go make it crash. >:)