pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Migrate settings from old pan

From: Beso
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Migrate settings from old pan
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:16:50 +0000

2008/6/6 Jim Henderson <address@hidden>:
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 00:52:15 +0000, Duncan wrote:

>> On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:50:06 -0700, Peter Scott wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any automated assistance available?
>>
>> Nope.  New pan and Old pan are completely different.
>
> Well, not /completely/.  Some of the files are the same, some different.

True, all good points, too - I'd forgotten about the scorefile
similarities.  I was thinking more the databases.

i was just going to ask of a similar problem:

i have the a pan version installed and configured for 2 different users on the same pc. now, i'd like to remove one pan config and put the other user's one in its place but whenever i do:

rsync -av /home/user1/.pan /home/user2/ && chown user2\: /home/user2/.pan -R

and try to restart pan it cannot read the old db and work with it. in the past it used to work very well and the stuff that is strange is that the pan version used to generate db and sync the groups is the same for both the users. for the moment i'm just trying to have the atherog 5006eg to work with my new config, but it seems that is not so simple to have it working without ndiswrapper.

--
dott. ing. beso