pan-users

[Pan-users] Need some tips on debugging Pan

From: Steven Ellis
Subject: [Pan-users] Need some tips on debugging Pan
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:31:55 +1300 (NZDT)

Been a while since I've done this so I'm a bit out of practise.

I'm getting a segfault loading one of my usenet groups with Pan 0.132 and
Pan 0.133. I've just grabbed SVN trunk and done a quick compile with

./configure --enable-debug
make

Then run it as follows

gdb ./pan/gui/pan

When I load my problematic group Im getting the following, but trying to
run a backtrace isn't showing me anything.

Any tips would be appreciated.

[New Thread 0xb7fcf6d0 (LWP 14500)]
[New Thread 0xb7b01b90 (LWP 14526)]
[New Thread 0xb7100b90 (LWP 14527)]
[New Thread 0xb66ffb90 (LWP 14528)]
[New Thread 0xb5cfeb90 (LWP 14529)]

0x0097f81b in ____strtol_l_internal () from /lib/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0097f81b in ____strtol_l_internal () from /lib/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6
#1  0x0097f586 in __strtol_internal () from /lib/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()