pan-users

[Pan-users] Multipart Binaries Bug - When Will It Be Fixed?

From: Graham Todd
Subject: [Pan-users] Multipart Binaries Bug - When Will It Be Fixed?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:36:02 +0000

I've written to the list before about some of the binaries not being
"collected" by Pan, and people have said to me this is a bug in Pan
0.133: it has been unofficially fixed in some members' git repositories
but not yet in the "official" code.

I use Pan to keep up to speed with those newsgroups which show original
(often weather) images, but this bug is making it impossible for me to
do that.  I'm using web-based repositories more and more, also brag, and
I suspect this is true of many Linux users.

I saw today that the latest version of Pan dates from August 2008, so
I'm asking if some members have overcome this bug, is there any chance
for the rest of us being able to use a version of Pan which is not
troubled by it?  Or how long will it be until this is fixed?

I appreciate Charles has to earn his crust of bread and can't always be
sorting bugs out in his spare time, but is he the only member of the
team of Pan?  It should be a fairly trivial fix if others have found a
remedy and fairly speedy to get into the main, official code.

Or is it just that Pan is now a dead project?

--
Graham Todd