pan-users

[Pan-users] Quirks with ignored authors or posts

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: [Pan-users] Quirks with ignored authors or posts
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:42:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

Pan has a built-in mechanism for ignoring an author, i.e. scoring all of
their posts at -9999. I see two (related) problems with the current
implementation: first, that the "blocked" posts are not actually marked as
read, and second, that replies to a blocked post are still shown.

The second issue is a little more serious, since in Pan's display it looks
like replies to blocked posts are actually replies to the blocked post's
parent. This could be taken care of by automatically ignoring the subthread
started by any post with a score of -9999. (If I've specified that I *never*
want to read posts by a certain user, you can bet that I don't want to read
the replies to those posts either.)

Are there currently plans to fix either of these?

Cheers,
--
Benjamin D. Esham  |  address@hidden  |  www.bdesham.info
    Haurheghaud, ijh hehe einght aghsethe hjij haafhohuhede!