pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Can't PAN downloading a huge group of large Unuseable Wi

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Can't PAN downloading a huge group of large Unuseable Windows EXE archives
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 21:24:51 -0500

On 10/02/2011 09:04 PM, address@hidden wrote:
I selected a group of "possibly" RAR exe archives in a usenet group.
ARK says they are ALL Window$/DO$ executable archives. Ubuntu says they

Why would you want to do that?  Anyway, those are usually virus-laden.

are archives but can't open a single one of them (Ubuntu 11.04 64 Bit
for the record)all I want to do is stop the download. I've actally
uninstalled PAN and rebooted the system and reinstalled. When I restart
PAN it resumes downloading. The only thing I can do so far is go into
the File Menu and tell to work off-line which makes the program useless.
If I tell it to go back on line it resumes downloading. Telling it to
Cancel Last Task is a complete waste of time.

In the lower left of the window is a box that shows the number of tasks left to complete. Click in it.

Basically all I need to know is how do I stop downloading short of permanently
deleting PAN?

It's the only USENET program I've seen that actually works for me.

All/All help would be much appreciated.

--
Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification