pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan problem

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan problem
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:08:13 +0100

On 18 October 2011 16:40,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> I found pan while searching for a new newsreader. The program looks like
> what I am looking for. I followed the install directions, but when I go to
> open pan, I get the following prompt, “the procedure entry point
> deflateSetHeader could not be located in the dynamic link library
> zlib1.dll". I am not sure what that means.
>
> thanks for any help!
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Can I ask you do do a search of your entire hard drive for all
occurrences of the file zlib1.dll. The usual reason for that sort of
issue is that there is an old or incompatible version of the DLL
somewhere that is being used instead of the correct one.

If you find multiple copies, and it is obvious which one is old, try
renaming it to zlib1.dll.old, and see if that helps.

Regards,
Steve