pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Saving incomplete binary articles?

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Saving incomplete binary articles?
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 23:17:16 -0800

-----Original Message----- From: walt Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:43 PM To: address@hidden Subject: [Pan-users] Saving incomplete binary articles?
I'm not sure, but I think pan has changed its attitude recently about
saving binary articles to disk.. (BTW, I'm always running the latest pan
from git.)

Today, for example, I was downloading a binary post with about 15 parts,
and after half an hour I noticed that two of those parts were still not
finished downloading, and were just sitting in the tasks list with no
network traffic happening.  I'm guessing those two parts were incomplete
on my server and pan was prepared to wait indefinitely(?) for them to
become complete.

In the past pan has saved "corrupted" binary parts along with a separate
text file named with the ".ERRORS" filename extension. (I'm not sure about
the difference between incomplete articles and corrupted articles.)

Anyway, my question really is whether pan's behavior has changed lately
or I'm just seeing more incomplete articles lately?

Did the OP include PAR files?
If not maybe he/she will add some for you.

http://www.par2.net/
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington