pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Port 119 blocked - no newsgroup access!

From: Maurice
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Port 119 blocked - no newsgroup access!
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 17:49:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 23 May 2015 14:19:29 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:

> I'd suggest that you just accept that you can't read Usenet at work.

Being retired and not at work, I decided that  - in the absence of
any available workaround for the hotel's 119 blocking - I would simply
postpone newsgroup access until returned home.

It was just that I had never come across port 119 blocking before when
roaming.  So I felt quite miffed. :-(
   Perhaps it's a sign of the times, as a rumoured measure for
reducing the download of pornographic material (if that is a problem
with text-only newsgroups).

--
/\/\aurice