pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Edit SSL certificates missing

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Edit SSL certificates missing
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 10:02:50 +0000 (UTC)

hiker posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 07:47:53 +0000 as excerpted:

> BTW I compiled 0.140 on my netbook but I see your are using 0.141. Big
> and important differences between these versions? So you suggest to
> compile 0.141 over here?

AFAIK, and from the list on pan's homepage (pan.rebelbase.com), 0.140 is
the last actual /release/, with the unreleased 0.141 denoting a live-git
or git-snapshot build.  Of course the git commit hash is noted in the
headers as well, so you can compare what people are running to what you
last pulled and built, if desired.

Checking the git log since 0.140 release, there have been a few bug fixes
including several memory leak fixes, some removals of deprecated calls,
and the usual set of l10n (localization, l-10-letters-n) updates.
Nothing too major if what you have is working well, but fixing memory
leaks is always nice, so if you want to try building from git you do have
that, but it'll wait if you prefer to wait for an actual release.

Note that raw repo code may need a couple extra prep steps before
configure and make, that a shipped tarball has typically already taken
care of for you.  autoreconf --force is the typical one for autotools
based build systems like pan's.