|Subject:||Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installing Paparazzi|
|Date:||Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:26:27 -0600|
Ah, I think there's been some confusion Dan..I wasn't aware that you wanted it on an external hard drive. That is the method I recommend to people who are uncomfortable with repartitioning hard drives but want to use paparazzi on a single computer.
You are correct in saying you cannot run Windows on a usb drive (not without serious hacking), but I'm not sure that is relevant. Installing to usb is simple:
- I'd recommend getting the latest ubuntu, 9.10. Since my last email, the issues described have been fixed by updates.
- Make sure you have full backups, just in case.
- Boot ubuntu cd with external drive plugged in.
- In the drive partition selection, MAKE SURE you choose the external hard drive and allow it to automatically partition the EXTERNAL DRIVE.
- The installation will proceed and install the bootloader to the usb disk.
- Make sure your bios is set to boot off usb storage first.
- Reboot into ubuntu, install updates, and enjoy.
Hope that sorts it, and if you are paranoid about formatting your internal hd, you can always disconnect it for the installation process.
Paparazzi-devel mailing list
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|