paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Error while running make

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Error while running make
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:09:09 +0100

>>> "Gokul  Singh" <address@hidden> 20-Aug-01 8:46:34 AM >>>

    I did a update from the CVS and am getting the
    following error while running make.

       make: *** No rule to make target
          `bin/gnu/paperclips/filters/WebLog.class',
       needed by `compile'.  Stop.

    I am not conversant with the make utility. Can someone
    help me with this? I was able to run make before this
    update.

You need to run configure when the makefile.in changes.

Basically you just do this:

   $ configure
   $ make

You should also make sure that you run cvs properly. Most of the time
the correct way to run CVS is:

  cvs update -d -P

which ensures new directories get copied down and deleted ones get
removed.

Nic