paragui-users

Re: [paragui-users] this quietness makes one frightened (and insane :))

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] this quietness makes one frightened (and insane :))
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 01:33:09 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Ulf Lorenz wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:48:19PM +0100, H. C. wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> The same,
>
> I thought I'd wait for some days before answering, but since noone has replied
> yet, let me be the first. :|
>
> > are there still people involved in ParaGUI development? :)
> > Much has time passed since the last release, but I haven't slept all the
> > time. I've been working on a ParaGUI project and I figure I've fixed quite a
> > nice amount of issues and implemented some useful wrapper functions for
> > protected / private data members one should have access for (at least for
> > proper subclassing).
> One question: You actually did some work after Alex's retirement? If so, what?
>
> > But unfortunately, there's still no one to take care of organizing ParaGUI's
> > development.
> MMmhhh, there is indeed a problem. The current status looks like this:
>
> Teunis has his OpenGL branch and other branches and happily plays around with
> them. Nothing against Teunis, but the fact that he hasn't answered one
> contribution mail of me and hasn't applied yet makes me believe that he hardly
> wants the job as admin. (Teunis, correct me if I am wrong :) )

I've been sent contribution mail?  Strange...  never seen it...
That could be the problem actually.

My own tendency of letting my mind wander into different .. possibilities
.. doesn't help either.  I'm currently rewriting the C port I did (again)
for optimization on an old pentium laptop.  Kind of fun actually.  Since
ParaGUI does -not- do what I need except for my opengl branch - whose
opengl driver is nowhere near 100% - I've been working on other things.

to be entirely honest the lack of assistance with where I got stuck is why
I kind of stopped working on devel-opengl.  That and not really sure IF
anyone else wanted the changes I wrote...  gleah that's the trouble with
big diffs, who knows if it's necessary.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis