paragui-users

Re: [paragui-users] Layout files and GNU gettext

From: Ulf Lorenz
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Layout files and GNU gettext
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:10:46 +0100

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 03:19:22PM +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Dear all:
>       I am using paragui-1.1.8 with enable-unicode for my application.
>       It works if I modified my layout files to another language such
> as Chinese, but
>       I would like to use GNU gettext since I may need several
> language support.
>
>       Hence, I modified PG_Layout a bit to use gettext() when parsing.
>       Like this: (brainless one)
[snip code]

>       It works but it's not a good solution overall.
Why not. Or, to put it in a different way: If you have a better
solution, I am very interested. :)

We had the same problem with our game. Army names etc. are saved in xml
description files and have to be extracted there.

>       Then I encounter another problem.
>       "How do I use xgettext with layout files?"
>       I may use Glade solution, i.e. generate a C header file from
> layout files
>       and it shall be easy to program.
I just had a look if I could use our program here, but one would need to
adjust it too much, so a rewrite from scratch would be more efficient.
Mmh, volunteers? :)

Ulf

--
recursive: