GNU parallel bug

From: Ihsan Ecemis
Subject: GNU parallel bug
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 21:01:52 -0400

Hello,

We started having GNU Parallel crashing on our production server with the following message:

parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
* The version number: 20160222
* The bugid: loadavg_invalid_content: /home/ec2-user/.parallel/tmp/loadavg-:

* The command line being run
* The files being read (put the files on a webserver if they are big)

If you get the error on smaller/fewer files, please include those instead.

We usually put a few hundreds commands into a file and then run them with something like:

parallel -a commands --load 200% --noswap {}

Note that the same user may be running multiple parallel’s on the same server at the same time (they are triggered by external events).  I hope a User is not limited to running only 1 parallel process at a given time.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  In advance, thank you very much for any clues in resolving this.

Thanks,

Ihsan.