partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] Almost-infinite message loop for Invite

From: Gary Corcoran
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] Almost-infinite message loop for Invite
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:39:15 -0500

Aymeric,

Thanks for looking over my log.

> Simple issue :)

I was hoping that was the case, but alas, the same problem
still occurs after your suggested modification...

The code looks up user 'gary1', finds he is at 'gary.net',
and then proceeds to lookup _sip._udp.gary.net.  This then
resolves to my .114 address (the local machine), but nothing
seems to take note of, or even check, that this is the IP
address of the local machine, so it proceeds to add a Via:
to the Invite, sends it to itself, and repeats the process
over and over...

Questions:

After finding gary1 is at gary.net, should it then be
looking up _sip._udp.gary.net, or should it already have
checked and found that gary.net is the local machine?

After finding that _sip._udp.gary.net is at the .114 address,
should it *then* be checked if it is the local machine?

Where in the code should the "is this the local machine"
check be done for the Invite?

Thanks for your help,
Gary