partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] loggin problem in win32

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] loggin problem in win32
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:30:22 +0100 (CET)

After one complete day of fighting against this VC++ crazy
and stupid program, I finally made it running again.

Here is the process I took:
1: In settings, all projects will use "Debug Multithreaded Dll"
 instead of "Debug Multithreaded".
 If anybody can explain the difference between both, I'll appreciate?

2: Rename all stricmp to _stricmp and strnicmp to _strnicmp
   in osip and partysip.
  I'm too tired to understand why... Some explanations are
  welcomed.

3: Uncheck the "use default library" in the link settings.
  Is'nt msvcrtd.dll a default library when "Debug multithreaded"
  is selected?

4: add "msvcrtd.lib" in the list of library used for the link.

My own feeling is that there was a link with a single threaded
library in the program. If anyone knowns why this happen and
how to be sure to avoid it by some click, I'll welcome again
some help.

This makes me mad... I'll try to merge the changes tomorrow.
Aymeric