partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] how to build a stateless plugin? ( since all the inc

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] how to build a stateless plugin? ( since all the incoming response is handled in the sfp module)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:12:31 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Roland Zheng wrote:

> Hello,

>    If I just want to do some filter functions and simply forward all
> incoming request and response, I believe I need to write a new plugin
> which associated to imp module.

You can but the filter plugin is probably enough. It gives the
capability to route request by looking at the request-uri. The
matching is done with regular expression. There is a sample
configuration in the file filter.c

> and this plugin will be as stateless,

There is no stateless capability in partysip. It has been
removed since long and there is no plan to add it again.

> In other words, it will not require sfp module for further process.
> But as I understand, only the the sfp module checks and handles
> incoming RESPONSE .

Right.

>   My qestion is :

>     since my plugin does not require sfp for further process, sfp will
> not handle incoming RESPONSE,

The transaction is already created when you receive the request in
the plugin. You can't avoid that. You can improve the tlp plugin
to send some requests statelessy. For sure.

>     so which module should  handle incoming RESPONSE?

Nothing already existing can do that in partysip.

>     How my stateless plugin handle incoming RESPONSE?

Partysip is not designed for being a stateless proxy.
That's why it has been removed. In fact, the proxy was
a lot slower when the stateless module was existing...

Aymeric