partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] Bug in SDP IP rewrite?

From: Matthias Rieber
Subject: [Partysip-dev] Bug in SDP IP rewrite?
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:57:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I noticed two problems with 'sdp masquerading' or configuration mistakes
;)

In a network like this:
NATLAN <----> NAT/FW/PARTYSIP <----> SIPCLIENT
priv.IPs                             public IP

1) In the OK message going from the NATLAN to the SIPCLIENT, after
receiveing an INVITE, partysip rewrite the IP in the connection, but not
in the owner field of the spd message, where private IPs are not
allowed(?). In a retransmitted OK message no IP will be rewritten.

2) If a client in the NATLAN sends a 302 temp. moved, partysip won't
rewrite the contact-to field. I'm not sure if partysip handle this
messages at all?

regards,

matthias

--
We have tried hard to have a stable ABI that is compatible with future
GCC releases. At this point no promise can be made that this release