partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] broken CANCEL-callbacks

From: Aymeric MOIZARD
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] broken CANCEL-callbacks
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:11:03 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Stefan Fritzsche wrote:

> These are the code-frgaments where the funtions selects
> the callbacks for the given request. It seems like
> these functions are never called when processing a
> CANCEL-request.

This is right. CANCEL is a specific method and no
callback are called for it.

> I really need at least one of the CANCEL-callbacks,
> because I need to keep track of all established
> SIP-dialogs.

What about the case where a CANCEL does not cancel
a dialog! :-)

When a CANCEL is sent, you can still on the UA
receive a 200ok for the INVITE cancelled.

If the call is realy cancelled, then you will
see a 487 Request Cancelled for the INVITE.
You can easily hook this response I think and
it will work much better than hooking cancel!

Thanks,
Aymeric