pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re:Error in Configuration of gnupdf. Possibly undefined macr

From: Kiran Parmar
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re:Error in Configuration of gnupdf. Possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:22:57 +0530

Hello,

(1) I tried with bootstrap to create configure file. but that also gives error like this.

address@hidden libgnupdf]# ./bootstrap
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

==>> I tried with sh (Bash) shell also, But same error comes.

(2) Then after I tried manually run autoreconf command. Then also errors came.

address@hidden libgnupdf]# autoreconf --verbose --force --install --include=m4

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
m4/gnulib-comp.m4:53: warning: macro `AM_XGETTEXT_OPTION' not found in library
: command not found
'h: -c: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `do
sh: -c: line 2: `      for gl_file in  basename.c dirname.c stripslash.c error.h error.c error.c exitfail.c fflush.c fseeko.c fseeko.c fseeko.c ftello.c ftello.c getdelim.c getline.c getdelim.c getopt.c getopt1.c lseek.c malloc.c malloc.c m'dir.c realloc.c rmdir.c strerror.c strndup.c strnlen.c xmalloc.c ; do
configure.ac:37: error: expected source file, required through AC_LIBSOURCES, not found
m4/gnulib-comp.m4:36: gl_INIT is expanded from...
configure.ac:37: the top level
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status:

I think the problem is related to M4.
But I am not sure about the actual problem.

Regards,
Kiran Parmar