pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] pdf-filter and filter testing

From: gerel
Subject: [pdf-devel] pdf-filter and filter testing
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:53:16 -0800 (PST)

Hey folks,

I guess this was discussed but then faded away in the cyberspace. :-)
It would be better to have the filters' testing done by the pdf-filter utility
(called from say, the 'check' Makefile rule) than by writing the tests by hand,
as we're currently doing.
First, we save time and code (you can see many lines repeated in
pdf-stm-write/read test files), and second we avoid the mess in those files due
to string formatted binary data.

In case everyone agrees we would need the glue code between the binary-data and
the pdf-filter utility calls. That glue code could be a new testcase (TCase)
file say, pdf-filter.c and reside in "torture/unit/base/stm/" with the rest.
Alternatively we could create a new file that would be executed by a Makefile
rule.

regards,
-gerel