pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Pdf converter <AdobeReader 1.0> compatible?

From: juanjavier
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Pdf converter <AdobeReader 1.0> compatible?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:56:33 +0100

Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
Why would you want PDF 1.0 compatibility?   Adobe Reader 1.0 won't run on any
modern OS.
-----It is known Adobe Reader for Macintosh will run on any Macintosh Classic.
I myself have got it installed ;-)

I would like to be able to read my own generated .pdf files via ps2pdf (or the
like) in the Mac.

Ps2pdf will output Reader 3.0 compatible files as a minimum, and hence these
output files will not be readable in the Classic Mac.

In addition, some significant changes were made to the PDF language between 1.0
and 1.1 - the most important being moving from a pure ASCII format to a binary
format...

Leonard
-----Good. Is there any possibility anyway to find the trick in order to make
.pdf files Reader 1.0 compliant?