pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Pdf converter <AdobeReader 1.0> compatible?

From: Martin Schröder
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Pdf converter <AdobeReader 1.0> compatible?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:43:39 +0100

2008/11/22 juanjavier <address@hidden>:
> As far as I know Adobe **Reader** was always a download-free product in all
> of his versions. Perhaps you mean Adobe Acrobat, which certainly
> had to be purchased in order to get it no matter the version. Visit Adobe

<quote src="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Acrobat#Product_history";>
Acrobat 1.0 for Macintosh was originally released 15 June 1993, later
for DOS and Windows 3.1. This was not available in single copies and
was not initially free. After a while the IRS purchased a right to
distribute Reader 1.0, effectively making it seem free to those who
obtained it that way:
</quote>

Best
   Martin