pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] CCITT Fax Filters

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] CCITT Fax Filters
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:19:12 +0100

Hello Vivek.

   I am interested in taking up the CCITT Fax Filter task.

Superb! Many thanks.

The first step in the task is to search for some suitable existing
implementation of the CCITT Fax encoding and decoding algorithms. We
don't want to write a new implementation if we can avoid it.

Note that in order to use an existing implementation we should
be careful about license compatibility. We are using GPLv3 (or any
later version) in libgnupdf.

I would suggest to take a look to the implementation used in mupdf:

http://ccxvii.net/darcsweb.cgi?r=fitz;a=headblob;f=/stream/filt_faxd.h
http://ccxvii.net/darcsweb.cgi?r=fitz;a=headblob;f=/stream/filt_faxd.c

Some private emails follow with accounting information.

Again, welcome on board :)