pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] I'm a C programmer but...

From: Rakan Dirbas
Subject: [pdf-devel] I'm a C programmer but...
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:22:22 +0200

Hey guys,
I'm a fresh C programmer, i recently read this book about C language: C How to Program 5th Edition, the book site
I read only the part that talks about C language i.e chapters 1 - 17 and ignored the C++ part. I want to contribute with you guys, but the problem is that i can't understand the tasks!!!
I don't know if the problem is from me or from the tasks!! I dunno if there are something that i should read or anything else!!!
for example i can't understand what do you mean by:
"The encryption filters in the stream module should be written. The filters implementation should make use of the routines implemented in the pdf-crypt module."
or
"The source code of the several modules in the base layer should be modified to provide "opaque pointers" to the user (also known as the "pimpl idiom")."

I hope i can help and i really want to, but first i need some help!!!!

All the best.
--
rockyrock