pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re: srcinfo-extractor.pl

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re: srcinfo-extractor.pl
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:32:47 +0100 (CET)

>  > but in the output I am only getting the contents of the MANIFEST.wiki
>  > file in the TOPDIR.
>  >

> Yes, that's right, it's because you are running it from the TOPDIR when
> the
> intended idea is to run it from the "prmgt/" dir.

Would be good to be able to use it from any directory. You can use the
configure script to provide you the top_srcdir directory and fill it in a
srcinfo-extractor.pl.in and generate srcinfo-extractor.pl

Look at prmgt/get-test-data.sh.in for an example.

> If you think that it should be run from the top dir just remove a dot from
> the TOPDIR variable, i.e:
> ##
> my $TOPDIR=".";
> ###
>

>  > It is possible to rewrite the script to automatically scan for any
>  > MANIFEST.wiki file without having to manually push them into @dirs?
>  > Can you provide a patch?
>
> Yes, I thought about that before. The problem I got stuck with was how
> deep to
> traverse in the file hierarchy, that's why I prefered to leave the issue
> opened.
> We could use a MAX_DEPTH value like 3 that would search for
> "src/base/somedir/MANIFEST.wiki" at most.
>
> What you think ?
>
> If you agree, I'll send you a patch On-The-Fly. :-)

The MAX_DEPTH solution seems ok.

Many thanks, Gerel.