pengfork-devel

[Pengfork-devel] AOL protocol knowledge

From: Jean-Charles Salzeber
Subject: [Pengfork-devel] AOL protocol knowledge
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:22:32 +0200

To extend the knowledge we have of the protocol that AOL use, I've
thinked of that some time ago:
  * Install VMWare
  * Install a Win*
  * Install an AOL interface
  * Configure vmware to use a fifo as Serial port.

I know that AOL work under vmware.
Now someone with some time can make a program to sniff the fifo and
relay to the real serial device.
This program can be made using some of the code used in pengfork.

This would permit us to understand what differences exist between
version, how work some functions (ex: mail, account management).

This program could also be extended to permit to send a forged packet to
the interface and see how interface react.
It would greatly increase our protocol knowledge.

Feedback?

JC