pengfork-devel

Re: [Pengfork-devel] PengAOL beta3-1 working for me now

From: Jean-Charles Salzeber
Subject: Re: [Pengfork-devel] PengAOL beta3-1 working for me now
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:24:46 +0200

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 09:34, Jim Peters wrote:
> Just to say 'Thanks' -- the beta3-1 update of PengAOL seems to be
> working fine for me right now.  Previous versions of PengAOL had
> terrible problems getting the IP/DNS addresses right, perhaps
> succeeding only 1 in 20 times for me.  I also tried PengFork from CVS,
> which got the IP address right, and managed some traffic, but seemed
> to be losing packets.

I didn't know there was a problem in UK. I'm happy if it solve it. In
France the problem appeared only few days ago. We have identified the
problem into pengfork so it was easy to patch pengaol.

If you have some trouble downloading files or navigate, it may be good
to enable debugging (3 is a good level) to try to identfy the issue.
I'm probably not aware of all problems for the moment.

> Anyway, I'm now on this list, and I'm happy to test PengFork releases
> as they become available.  I'm using UK AOL dial-up numbers.  (I'm
> currently 'borrowing' my brother's 24/7 AOL subscription, which he
> uses rarely).

OK.
Thanks for your support Jim.

> Cheers --
>
> Jim

JC

PS: if you see some english mistakes, do not hesitate to send us patch,
    my english is far from perfect! :)