pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] Book Conclusion

From: roger
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] Book Conclusion
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 11:37:30 -0700

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 11:18 +0200, Mark Schmid wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> O.K., I've just finished Programming from the Ground UP.
> Here's my final comment if anyone cares about it. ;-)
>
> I started skipping more and more exercises towards the
> end, just to get this book through without loosing motivation.
> It's a great book and it really has great skill in how things
> are taught, unfortunately it suffers from a lot of typos and
> errors which would not be necessary.

I did all the exercises.  Granted, I'm probably not as excellent
programmer as you. ;-)

I think all books have bugs until they're proof read a million times.
If this were a new language, we'd see a better chance of a second
release.

Since the book is apparently available for free download as PDF,
probably should have it's own wiki page documenting corrections as well
as containing wiki pages for other explanations.

Everything is being wiki-fied these days.  Can't wait for my old
underwear to be wiki-fied! :-)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html