Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] MySQL Problem with current CVS

From: Del
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] MySQL Problem with current CVS
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:00:34 +1100

"Peter J. Weyers" wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> after having some experience with phpGroupWare 0.9.12, I checked out
> the last CVS version yesterday evening (CET), and started to install a
> fresh copy, i.e. no upgrading but new databases etc.
>
> As I am using mysql, I ran into the problem, that mysql as default value
> has a maximum index length of 265 bytes, but the table 'lang' obviously
> is using now a a PRIMARY KEY of much more (the PRIMARY KEY is a
> combination of many (all?) fields).

You need to go up to a higher version of MySQL.  The default table type
in MySQL 3.23.6 and later is MyISAM which supports 500 byte keys.  The
old (deprecated) ISAM tables only supported 256 byte keys.

Red Hat 7.2 ships with MySQL 3.23.41 -- you aren't using an old distro
with one of the early pre-licensing-issues releases of MySQL perhaps?

--
Del