[Phpgroupware-developers] MySQL Problem with current CVS

From: Peter J. Weyers
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] MySQL Problem with current CVS
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:28:16 +0100 (CET)

Hello Everybody,

after having some experience with phpGroupWare 0.9.12, I checked out
the last CVS version yesterday evening (CET), and started to install a
fresh copy, i.e. no upgrading but new databases etc.

As I am using mysql, I ran into the problem, that mysql as default value
has a maximum index length of 265 bytes, but the table 'lang' obviously
is using now a a PRIMARY KEY of much more (the PRIMARY KEY is a
combination of many (all?) fields).

Of course this limit of mysql can be changed at compile time (of mysql),
but I would vote for a phpGroupWare which runs with standard versions of
the supported databases.

I thought, just in case nobody else has tried this before, somebody might
want to know.

Cheers,

Peter
--