[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Chinese translation

From: Joseph Engo
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Chinese translation
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:00:48 +0000

FYI, I am forwarding this to the developers mailling list, which is where this
should be brought up.

Wilson Kan (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Hello Kamimura San,
>
>  I'm interested in the Chinese localization of PHPGroupware and I've sent a
>letter to Jengo. I confess that I'm not a veteran programmer -- I haven't
>programmed after I've left the campus. But I've been working in Chinese and
>English computer magazines as a writer and editor for 5 years, I hope that I
>can contribute in the Chinese localization of PHPGroupware. If there's
>anybody who's heading this project, please point me to this person. If not,
>I hope that I could take over this job. But please give me some idea on the
>time and effort you've spent on localization so that I have a better idea.

Have you taking a look at the developers tools app with the translations part ?
 Transy is outdated and
obsouleete.  (More or less anyway)  This makes translations a little easier.  I
belive we have some limited docs
on how translations work.

If you start working on the translations, and figure out how they work.
Purhapes you would be intrested in
creating some simple docs explaining how translations work and how to create
and test them.  If there is
any docs out there, they might need some serious updating.

Joseph Engo
--
    Joseph Engo <address@hidden>
    Lead developer